Measurement 1

Measurement 1

Measurement 1 is a subject that teach me how to measure the quantities of the materials that will be use in constructing a building. My lecturer, Sr Ang  has provided me a book called "Standard Method of Measurement 2nd edition" (SMM 2) which provided a uniform basis for measuring building works. I am able to describe the materials which I am measuring and use the standard unit of measurement while measuring materials by referring to clauses in SMM 2. Through this subject, I have learnt how to do site clearance; measure pile cap, roof slab, apron slab, first floor slab ; measure reinforcement bars in pile cap, in beams, in columns; excavation of top soil, of trench, of pit and etc. Sr. Ang also has gave us an assignment which should be done in group. During this assignment, I have realised the important of teamwork, and the relationship between my group members and I has been bounded. When we faced some problems during our group assignment, Sr. Ang is willing to teach us with full of patience. Sr Ang also took us to a site visiting that constructing an electric substation which is near Subang Jaya. After the site visiting, we are required to do a site report about the detail of the site visit.The site visit is a fresh experience for me because it is the first time I enter to an actual site. I have gained a lot of knowledge and experience after the site visit. Although this subject is the most important for a QS, but Sr Ang also mentioned that this subject is supported by building material and construction technology too. Without the knowledge of building material and construction technology, it is hard to figure measurement 1 out.


Figure above shows typical pad footing details, plan of footing, footing schedule and column schedule for the group assignment.


Figure above shows the column and footing layout plan for the group assignment.

Building Information Modelling (BIM) talk by Miss Yap Yoke Wan.

Figure above is taken during our site visit.

Figure above shows Malaysian Standard Method of Measurement of Building Works Second Edition.


No comments:

Post a Comment