Construction Technology 1


Construction Technology 1

Unfortunately, I am repeating this subject in my semester instead of taking construction technology 2 because I failed my construction technology 1 in my previous semester, and this is a prerequisite subject so I have to pass construction technology 1 then only I can take construction technology 2. But repeating this subject doesn't mean a bad thing for me because I can learn more and able to have a clearer picture in my mind. Mr. Leong Boon Tik is the lecturer for this subject and he is a dedicated lecturer who willing to help us to solve our problems all the times. Through this subject, I have gained a lot of new knowledge and have been told a lot of interesting facts that different from my lecturer. After I have learned something in my previous construction technology, that's mean I have some basic about this subject, so this time it is quiet easy for me to handle it. 

The topic that Mr. Leong has covered include site and temporary works, foundations, concrete framed buildings, roofs, walls, doors and staircases. Upon successful of this subject, I am able to explain the construction of buildings and the scientific principles which underpin the design and construction; explain the principles and practices of construction technology in residential buildings and to work generally of a more complex nature; describe the definition of appropriate functional requirements; appraise implementation of erection. 

Same like the other subject, we also asked to form a group of 5 members in a group in order to complete the group assignment. In our group assignment, we are required to do some research about the type of foundation, type of slab and type of roof of place that we are lived in. For our group assignment, we have done some research about a terrace houses that are under construction, and we have completed our group assignment with a lot of teamwork. For this subject, we also required to go for a site visit where located in Cyberjaya and write a site report after visit the site. The purpose of the site visit is to let us see the actual elements which we can't see during our lecture class and to gain some extra knowledge and experience for us to prepare ourselves before we enter our job.



Picture above shows the pad footing foundation that has captured during our site visit.

Picture above shows some reinforcement bars that has captured during our site visit.

Picture above shows 2 temporary toilets that has captured during our site visit.

Picture above shows a worker was preparing to bend the reinforcement bar with the bar bending machine.
Picture above shows another pad footing foundation that found at the other side during our site visit.

Picture above shows the information board about the construction site that has captured during our site visit.
Picture above shows the emergency escape plan that has captured during our site visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment